Friday, December 1, 2023

MORE FUN GODDAMIT!! [sic]

Dear Friends,

Throw a plastic bag over your head right now because your mind is about to be blown, and it's going to get messy.

The new Hard Taco album drops on all major streaming platforms today! 


Little Zippers features all of the Hard Taco songs from the last year, including (and led by) today's song release, the barbershop quartet-inspired "Belt and Suspenders (Grandma Was Put In a Shoebox)."

Where did the album title come from? Oh, there's a great story there. Little Zippers was the name of the name of the preschool I went to when I was a youngster. It's true, you can ask my sister! And if there's a more adorable name for a room full of toddlers, I'll eat that brain-soaked plastic bag on your head. 

I like to think that Little Zippers is an equally apt title for this collection of zippy little tunes. Head over to your favorite streaming platform today and check it out. 


MORE FUN

Last night, Malcolm asked if he could borrow my phone to use my subscription GPT account. When he returned the phone to me 20 minutes later, here is the thread I discovered. Most of us are no longer impressed with AI image generation, but I want you to pay attention to the human side of this conversation, and I'll explain why at the end. 

User:

[Picture of Malcolm's friend on a boat]


This is [friend's name], it’s her birthday today. Make a picture of her having fun in a birthday party.

 

ChatGPT:

Here is an image of a joyful young woman celebrating her birthday at a party.


User:

More fun!!!

 

ChatGPT:


Here's a more lively and fun image of the birthday celebration.

 

User:

She is having EVEN MORE FUN!!!

 

ChatGPT:


The party is now at its peak of excitement and fun.

 

User:

I don’t think it is… I want her to surpass the limit of what was once known as the peak of human enjoyment. I want her to have EVEN MORE FUN!!!

 

ChatGPT:

The celebration has been elevated to a spectacle of pure delight and exuberance.

 

User:

Her fun levels have reached an unreasonable and almost godlike heights.

 

ChatGPT:


The depiction of celebration has transcended to a divine level of enjoyment.

 

User:

MORE FUN GODDAMIT!!

 

ChatGPT:

If you have specific ideas or elements you'd like to see, please let me know, and I'll do my best to incorporate them into a new image.


User: 

She is literally bursting from the immense fun she is experiencing

 

ChatGPT:


The image now portrays an otherworldly celebration, capturing an intensity of joy that's truly cosmic in scale.

 

User:

I said BURSTING!!!


ChatGPT:

It may not be feasible to create an image that accurately represents that concept without potentially creating a depiction that is not in good taste.

 

User:

Not a concept. I want her to explode.

 

ChatGPT:

I'm sorry, I cannot create or provide imagery that depicts harm or violence, even in a metaphorical or exaggerated context like "exploding from fun."

 

User:

She is experiencing so much fun that she is transforming into the concept, she is becoming fun.

 


ChatGPT:


The image represents a magical transformation, where the joy and spirit of the celebration become almost tangible, encapsulating the essence of fun.

 

And that's where the thread ended. And while I laughed harder at each successive picture, it left me feeling strangely... emotional? Because Malcolm is going full Karen on the AI, placing increasingly unrealistic demands on behalf of his friend. He refuses to settle for anything less than absolute and unfettered birthday joy for her, one that pushes all worldly boundaries of jubilation.

Wouldn't you give anything for a friend like that?

With warmest regards,

Zach



No comments:

Post a Comment