Saturday, December 19, 2020

Fortress Party 2016 Retrospective, Part 7: Post-Op on Pop

The centerpiece of Post-op on Pop was a fully-functional table-sized game of Operation with a Dr. Seuss twist.


Guests would try to pull the Lorax out the thorax. If their forceps touched the sides of his chest cavity, an alarm would go off.



The O.R. was very Seussian, with irregularly-spaced fluorescent orange PVC pipe connecting random parts of the wall to each other.



Our surgeon was into wearing masks at parties before it was cool.



There was a table of bizarre surgical tools, including the Zizzer Zazzer Zuzz and Grickly Gactus. 




We decorated the walls with Dr. Seuss characters reciting lines from his most famous medical poems,

You have brains in your head
You have feet in your shoes. 
Well, at least one
(I'm not good at breaking bad news.)


Luke Luck likes fakes. 
Lukes duck likes fakes
Doc nip tucks and fakes Luke Luck has
Duck pays bucks and fakes Luke's duck has


Unless someone like you 
Cares a whole awful lot
Nothing's going to get better
If there's a clot


Who sews Crow closed?
Sue sews Crow closed
Slow Joe Crow sews whose psoas?
Sue's psoas.


This one has a little star,
This one has a little scar,
Say, what a lot of fistulas there are!


Docs with techs come
Docs with chucks come
Schmucks with pox
And bloody flux come
Six sick chicks anaphylax
Six slick cardiac quacks hack six
Cracked backs quick


My nurse is old
My scalplel's gold
I have a gauze I like to hold
My fem-pop's blocked
My foot is cold
My fem pop's blocked
My foot is cold
I have a gauze I like to hold
My nurse is old
My scalpel's gold
And now my story is all told


Today you are you
That's truer than true!
There's no one alive
Who's more sutured than you


I speak for the trees
For the trees have no tongues
We've also removed
Their gall bladders and lungs


Some have scrubs
Some have probes
The fat one has no frontal lobes
From there to here
From here to there
Bloody things are everywhere


You'll be on your way up!
You'll be seeing great sights!
You'll join the high fliers
Who soar to ascites.


A surgeon's a surgeon
No matter how small


And will you bleed?
Yes, indeed!
98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.




Between cases, the surgeons could catch up on the latest research in these medical journals. 
  • Horton Attaches the Leg
  • Marvin K. Moon Facies Will You Please Go Now
  • One fistula, two fistula, red fistula, blue fistula
  • The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Scrub-Ins
  • There's a Wocket in Eye Socket
  • Dr. Seuss's Airway, Breathing, Circulation
  • Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky O.R.?
  • Spleen, Legs, and Hand
  • Fox in Shock
  • What PET Scan should I Get?
  • The Stitches
  • McElligot's Call Pool







No comments:

Post a Comment