Saturday, December 26, 2020

Fortress Party 2017 Retrospective, part 1 - Valhalla

A few months before Fortress Party 2017, we put on armor, attached a GoPro to the black canoe (that served as a Gondola for FP '16), and went raiding and pillaging on the Huron River. 

This video would have a bit part in the Valhalla room. 

The entrance to the room was a funeral for the fallen berserker, Magnus Haakonsson. As per tradition, Magnus was laid to rest in a burning longboat. 








His friends and family came to the funeral and wrote these touching words on his memorial poster. 

  • "You're a Pillage Idiot. Just kidding, I'm sure you'll get into Valhalla. (As if, you troll.)" - Astrid
  • "The fjords are stained with my tears." - Ulf
  • "No one could go totally BERSERK for no reason like Magnus." - Hilde
  • "Hey Magnus, Sorry for doing the Trickster thing and getting you killed." - Loki
  • "I'll never forget when we co-founded Oslo." - Gunnar
  • "I need to make a painting that properly conveys how I feel about you being gone." - Edvard Munch
  • "Pouring out a flagon of mead on the curb." - Yngvie
  • 'I wrote a song about you. It's called 'Wood.' I originally going to call it 'Norwegian Wood,' but Int would be redundant."
  • "Sorry I misread. I thought we were here to celebrate the loss of a great Biking." - Lance A.
  • "I miss our longboat rides!" - Bjorn
  • "Magnus, it's not going to be same desecrating our enemies' places of worship without you." - Brynhyldr
  • "Magnus, You were my favorite beard-haver." - Sigrid


Beyond a curtain was Valhalla, where fallen Norse warriors can sat at Odin's side to drink mead for all eternity.  



The gods and warriors were assigned to specific tables in Valhalla based on who we thought would get along best (and who was single.)  


And in Valhalla, there was a window to Midgard, where the fallen warriors could watch the living warriors raiding and pillaging along the Huron River.

No comments:

Post a Comment